pyerxa: @edwinjcolon I was a little disappointed in the quality of the final p…

pyerxa's picture

I was a little disappointed in the quality of the final prototypes. Students really did not want to try different gear ratios no matter how much time I gave them. I required them to try 3 different gear ratios but only 2 teams tried more than 1. Also, still having trouble with getting the kids to write out a quality plan before creating their product. No matter how much time I give them they always wait til the last minute and then are rushed and don't do quality work. A work in progress. Let me know if you find anything that works for other teachers. Was a great design challenge and worked a lot better w/o the solar panel. I didn't get $ for the remotes yet so the kids put a switch on it. Mahalo for your help

Default ALT
Photo Credit: Ms. Yerxa took picture
Jan 6 2020 - 10:34am
edwinjcolon's picture

@pyerxa The Street Racer looks really nice. Thanks for sharing the experience you had with this project and your students. We will let you know if one of our teachers has a better approach to make the students better at planing and documenting their design process before actually building the prototype. I'm looking forward to seeing this project with the remote, that will be the next step up. Thanks.

Jan 6 2020 - 6:22pm